Which ecommerce platform is the best for a small business?
by Nevrus Mersuli on Sep 17, 2023
1. Shopify: The E-Commerce Powerhouse If you're looking for a platform that's all about making things super easy, Shopify's your go-to. It's got a truckload of templates, an intuitive interface, and a boatload of apps to add extra features. Perfect if you're new to this e-commerce game. Whether you're selling physical goods, digital products, or even services, Shopify's got you covered. It's particularly great if you're just starting out or want a hassle-free experience.
2. Wix: The Creative Maven If you've got an artsy vibe and want a platform that lets you design your store to the nines, Wix could be your jam. It's user-friendly, lets you customize to your heart's content, and even throws in some cool extras like a website builder. art, fashion, or design items, Wix's customization options can make your products shine. It's great for creative entrepreneurs who want a visually captivating online store.
3. Squarespace: The Aesthetic Aficionado Squarespace is your pick if you're all about that visual appeal. It's sleek, modern, and fantastic for showcasing your products in style. Plus, it's got solid support and a range of features for a seamless shopping experience. If aesthetics are your priority and you're selling items that benefit from a sleek and modern presentation like luxury goods, high-end fashion, or design-oriented products, Squarespace can provide that polished look.
4. WooCommerce: The WordPress Wonder Got a WordPress site? Well, WooCommerce is your trusty sidekick then. It's a plugin that turns your WordPress site into an e-commerce powerhouse. If you're familiar with WordPress, this one's a smooth ride.
5. BigCommerce: The Growth Guru Looking to scale up and grow big? BigCommerce might be the one. It's got tons of built-in features to handle a growing business and integrates well with various tools. A solid choice for those with ambitious e-commerce dreams. For those with a diverse range of products and big plans for growth, BigCommerce offers robust features that can accommodate a variety of product types. It's well-suited for businesses that have a large inventory or are looking to scale up.
According to Drip, in 2022 the most popular ecommerce platforms are:
1. WooCommerce (28.24%)
2. Squarespace (17.69%)
3. Shopify (10.98%)
Remember, the "best" platform ultimately depends on your specific needs, your level of comfort with technology, and the vision you have for your online store. Take some time to explore each platform's features, consider your product range, and choose the one that aligns best with your goals.